Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Another Victor Hugo Aging Quote!


Forty is the old age of youth; fifty the youth of old age.
- Victor Hugo

I just thought this was funny. In fact, if you look at the poll it asks: 'When did you start feeling old?' I love how most people have said 'Never'. That shows more of a state of mind then a physical dilapidation. When I was younger, I thought 30 was old. I'm considering putting up another poll, but I would also like to see your comments on this issue. But what do you feel is 'old age now'? Not when did you start feeling old, but what is your idea of 'old'? Again, if you are to ask my opinion old is when you stop learning, and when you stagnate. Effort can always be made, an improvement can always be achieved, a new hobby or task can always be learned, and you can always continue to have great, great experiences. The more experiences you have is not a mark of old age, but more of a scorecard. The more you enjoy the better you are. That's how I keep score, and that's how I like to live my life. Every time a hardship comes along I don't think of it as something to fret, but a lesson to be learned.

Let us all know! What age do you consider old? And why?

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones