Thursday, August 6, 2009

Whoah! What did they say?!

Recently on Fox News, on talking on health reform, it was described as 'a subtle form of euthanasia'. What do you think? Did Barack Obama really say that health reform will kill you? It is important to voice the concerns of the elderly, to make our voice heard. If you were to ask me, I would NEVER want to wait weeks, or MONTHS for health care. Once the government takes over the health care system, lines will be miles long, health care quality will go down, and elderly care especially will hurt. Many times, when the elderly need to have medical procedures done, they are more immediate than, say, something more benign. Medical care for the elderly is more than just taking a pain killer. Geriatrics is a form of care that needs to have more focus than a lot of the health care that is readily available to others. This blog has viewers from all around the world. Some, with nationalized health care. Why is it that many patients from those countries come to the United States for health care? It is simply because it is the best in the world. Don't fix what isn't broken. We do not need the quality of our elderly health to go down because a minority thinks so. I once had a medical procedure done in the country of Cyprus. It was a disaster. I was in a wreck and split my leg open pretty badly. When I went to the hospital, the doctor told me I couldn't have any anesthesia. She told me it would 'ruin my liver.' Needless to say I had a gaping 2 inch deep wound that was scrubbed by steel wool without any pain killer. She stitched me up, gave me no painkillers, and sent me away. No instruction on care, nothing. They wouldn't take my stitches out so I went to another doctor that yanked them all out. (I came home bleeding). I remember thinking, "I miss my American hospitals." In other countries, hospitals are places people go to die, not to get treatment. Hello America, we're on our way.

1 comment:

  1. Belief's a wonderful thing, as with Fox 'news.' Maybe the slogan is, no news is good news. In any case, my observations and the experience of many in France and Norway, and some in Canada who fear coming south, suggest otherwise about the lines.
    The long, less than accurate lines from unreconstructed right-wingers continue, though, no matter the facts.

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones